function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
CyclebiffCyclebiff 

Workflow Field Update Help!

When attempting to update the Case Owner ID via Field updates (Workflow & Approvals > Field Updates), salesforce.com will only let me lookup exact values. Is there a way to put in the value of another lookup field into this field update?
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
CyclebiffCyclebiff

Yes,  that answered my question thanks!

We were already using APEX triggers / classes to do this, I was just wondering if this has been done yet or not through the force.com api.

All Answers

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

As far as Lookup fields to "User" object are concerned the system will prompt you select either a "Queue" or "User" i.e. absolute value.

Same is the case with pick-list fields, it only with field of the type blob, text, textarea, phone, email, number, currency, percentage that you can assign value dynamically.

In order to achieve your requirement you can write a trigger for  dynamically assigning a different case ownerid after checking few conditions.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

CyclebiffCyclebiff

Yes,  that answered my question thanks!

We were already using APEX triggers / classes to do this, I was just wondering if this has been done yet or not through the force.com api.

This was selected as the best answer