function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AJ-ITIAJ-ITI 

Custom button not showing up in page layout options

I created a custom button (list button) on Accounts and am now trying to add it to the page layout. However, I can't find the option on the edit layout screen! When I make it a custom link, I can find it under "Custom links" but I really want it to be a button. Am I looking in the right place, or is there something else I have to do to make it show up?

Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
MiddhaMiddha

if you want to show that button on Activities, you need to create a list button on Activities object (if you can) and not on Account.

/G 

All Answers

MiddhaMiddha

Create a "Detail Page Button". They come on the page layouts.

List Button comes in Account >> Search Layout >> List Views.

/G 

AJ-ITIAJ-ITI
thanks, that does make it appear, but it forces me to put the button on the detail area of the account. I really wanted to put it on a related list (activities) so I thought that List Button would let me do that. When I am creating the custom link/button, and I click on "view example" next to List Button, it states that I can either add it to a related list OR a list view.
MiddhaMiddha

if you want to show that button on Activities, you need to create a list button on Activities object (if you can) and not on Account.

/G 

This was selected as the best answer
AJ-ITIAJ-ITI
Now we're talkin!! It worked, thank you! I got confused because I knew I had to add it to the Account page layout...
Puja PriyaPuja Priya
Click Buttons(instead of Mobile & Lightning Actions) Under Opportunity Detail, click and drag Calculate Discount onto Custom Buttons. This resolved my issue. 
Hope it helps.
Priscila MiyamotoPriscila Miyamoto

Hi guys,

I am trying to drag Calculate Discount onto Custom buttons ( Opportunity Detail) but they do not let me drag it. 

This module is related Build a Discount Calculator| Distribute the flow with a custom button.

User-added image

ABOUBAKARY OUATTARAABOUBAKARY OUATTARA
Hi, you have to drag "Calculate Discount"  from "Buttons" instead of "Mobile & Lightning Actions"