function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SA_AdminSA_Admin 

Workflow evaluates to TRUE but does not work.

Hi I have a workflow (formula not criteria driven) that I want to get triggered if a new case comment is created by another user (not the case creator) but it does not seem to work.  Could anyone, someone, please help?!!

AND( CreatedById  <>   Parent.CreatedById ,  OR(ISPICKVAL(Parent.Division__c,"Quebec"), ISPICKVAL(Parent.Division__c,"British Columbia"),ISPICKVAL(Parent.Division__c,"Alberta"), ISPICKVAL
(Parent.Division__c,"Atlantic"), ISPICKVAL
(Parent.Division__c,"Ontario")))

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
EnthEnth

Assume you've checked the obvious, i.e. that your workflow has been Activated after you created it?

Failing that, difficult to see with the smileys (use the insert code). I took your example and replaced it with the following standard code and that works fine - check your brackets:

AND( CreatedById <> Parent.CreatedById , OR(ISPICKVAL(Parent.Reason ,"Installation"), ISPICKVAL(Parent.Reason,"Performance"),ISPICKVAL(Parent.Reason,"Feedback")))

If in doubt don't forget to switch on Debug Log for the users you're testing with under Monitoring, it isn't just for Apex. 

All Answers

EnthEnth

Assume you've checked the obvious, i.e. that your workflow has been Activated after you created it?

Failing that, difficult to see with the smileys (use the insert code). I took your example and replaced it with the following standard code and that works fine - check your brackets:

AND( CreatedById <> Parent.CreatedById , OR(ISPICKVAL(Parent.Reason ,"Installation"), ISPICKVAL(Parent.Reason,"Performance"),ISPICKVAL(Parent.Reason,"Feedback")))

If in doubt don't forget to switch on Debug Log for the users you're testing with under Monitoring, it isn't just for Apex. 

This was selected as the best answer
SA_AdminSA_Admin

Thank you Enth!  It is working correctly now.  And thank you for the tip on pasting code.  I will use it next time.