function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
rzsrzs 

Dont see a Quotes standard object after logging in to my Developer account on Salesforce

Hello,

I have the following two questions which i would like someone to please help me with

1. Salesforce has introduced a Quotes standard object which is available in Enterprise,Unlimited and Developer Editions. But, when i login into my developer account i dont see a Quotes object. I checked Customize under App Setup too,but its not there. Any reason why this is so ?

2. Is there any way to determine the version of the Salesforce Developer Edition that i use ?

Please help.

Thank You

Message Edited by rzs on 04-01-2010 10:09 AM
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
tziemanntziemann

All existing developer orgs will get Quotes with the release that is going out.

All Answers

knightknight
did you try creating a new developer account ? I have noticed the same .Spring 10 was released in alll instances ..so your developer a/c should be on spring 10...the pic with the bug and the leaf on the top left corner of your sfdc screen should confirm that
rzsrzs

Thanks for the reply knight !. Signing up for a new developer account solved the problem. I have a Quotes standard object now :) .

But, im still curious about one thing. I had the pic of the bug on a leaf on my earlier developer account, so that means i was on Spring 10 earlier too. But still i didnt have the Quotes standard object there. Any reason why this could have happened ?

Thank You.

knightknight

not sure why..it works for quick copy sandboxes but not developer instances

tziemanntziemann

We didn't provision quotes on existing developer orgs in the last release.  We'll be addressing this in the upcoming Summer '10 release.

rzsrzs

Thank You !...that answered my question :smileyhappy:

ddkpeddkpe

I found this discussion thread after I had submitted a Partnerforce support request on the same topic.

What about ISVs who have an existing managed package tied to their current developer org via the unique prefix?  We can't just request a new developer org.  A customer of ours wants to utilize our app with Quotes to supply certain estimated info so it is included as part of a quote their customers.  I would like to provide built-in Visualforce & Apex support to our package so the customer just needs to add a page detail button to the Quotes layout to use our app.

One of the strengths of the Force.com platform is its universal consistency & stability across all editions, release to release.  I find it quite distressing that there are now two types of Developer orgs (old - no Quotes & new - with Quotes).  If Salesforce chooses to selectively provision Developer orgs with new features, this will make life very difficult for ISV partners with existing products to support.  Suddenly we have our hands tied by not being able to access new features for existing managed packages. 

Developer orgs should always have access to the latest & greatest new features, I would dare say even before the feature is GA deployed to production orgs!

tziemanntziemann

All existing developer orgs will get Quotes with the release that is going out.

This was selected as the best answer
ddkpeddkpe

Thank you!  I see Quotes now in my developer org on NA7 that was upgraded to Summer 10 on 6/5.

ChatthishKumar KR 13ChatthishKumar KR 13
Developer edition supports 'Quote' object. Please ensure 'Enable Quotes' check box is ticked from the Quotes setting. Otherwise, You do not see a quote object. I hope, this helps.