function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ECoronaECorona 

Related List like related list product selection

Greetings I hope you can help me....

I have two costum objects...  one is a kind of catalog... so i would like to include a related list like the product selecction... with the same buttons and checkboxes... but i only can get a related list with one button (New XXXX) and for every item i wannt to add i need to create a new entry and add to the main object...

I will really appreciate your help.

Rohit AlladiRohit Alladi

Be little more specific with the question , 

When u click the New button you will be directed to a new page where you can enter the details right ???

Mj

Emmanuel CoronaEmmanuel Corona

Hello MJ roh!

This is the scenario...

I have a custom object called SLA, in this object i have SLA Name, a lookup field to search the Opp, and other fileds for the SLA Specification....
In the Opp, i have a related list for the SLA with only one button... New SLA... if i press the button i need to create a SLA again... but what i'm looking to do is something more like the product selection list page, i would like to have on the SLA related list, buttons like Add and a new windows to search for the SLA instead to create again a new one...

is this possible???

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

It is possible but for this you need to 

1. Create a new custom button where you can redirect on VF page. On this VF page we will show list as per our need.

Thank you MJ!

But the thing is that i'm new on SFDC, so i don't have to much experience with visualforce, so how i can create a vfpage for my custom object??? how can i make it look like the rest of the pages????

I appreciate all your comments and support.

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

You can Create a VF page like below 

<apex : page StandardController="YourSLAObjectAPI" >

</apex:page>

now creat a custom button on object SLA  and keep it's type Detail and behavior related List and set you VF page in this button VF Page option. 

Now you need to edit Opportunity's layout and put this button over there and then whenever you click on your button you will be redirected on this page

Hello Sandeep!

Well i have done:

1. Create a lookup field master detail on the SLA object, relation with Opp.

2. Create the vfpage as:

<apex : page StandardController="YourSLAObjectAPI" >

</apex:page>

3. On SLA create a new button to a vfpage

4. On the Opp page i don't see the button... i only see a related list with one single button... NEW

What i need is that related list for the SLA looks like the Product Selection related list for the opp.... what i did wrong???