function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
alliswellalliswell 

Deployment Order: Change Sets

Hi All,

Hoping to receive some guidance based on your experiences in this one. What order would I deploy these through change sets?

I am trying to deploy some fields, objects, etc through Change Sets from one env to another one.

Here is the complete scenario of what I have:

1. New Fields in Existing Custom Object A [[These fields have certain field level security across EXISTING profiles]]

2. New Custom Object B with New custom fields[[The new custom object has certain CRUD/View All/Modify All permission across EXISTING PROFILES, New fileds have certain field level security across EXISTING profiles]]

** Custom Object B(Detail) is in relationship with Custom Object A(Master)

3. Related List (displayed in Custom Object A's detail page) consisting of particular fields(not all) of Custom Object B

4. Workflow Rule and Field Updates

Thank you!!!!!

AroraAnupAroraAnup

Well, when you try to add components to a Change set, you can also click on View/Add Dependencies to check whether the components that you are pushing are dependent on another component which is not a part of a change set, so you can then add those to your change set. 

Kindly refer to the following links to know more about Change Sets

Change Set Best practices

Change Set Dependencies

Components available in Change Set

Hope this helps!

Amritesh SinghAmritesh Singh

Hi,

After adding Component,Click on View/Add Dependencies to view the dependency. Add Corresponding Profiles also to your chance set for all those security you have mentioned.

Regards,

Amritesh

alliswellalliswell

Thank you for the tips guys. Working on it now