function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AceldamaAceldama 

Moving your entire Salesforce org to a new server: Anyone gone through the experience?

Hi.  Our Salesforce.com org is on NA0 and we've had some issues with special characters appearing on our text fields.  Salesforce's solution is an offer to move us to a new server.  Anyone gone through this?  I'd love to hear about your experience.  I know we have to change any referenced links to the NA0 URL, but anything else we should be looking into?

Aceldama

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I did not try but I don't think any thing else you need to check except reference.

Cory CowgillCory Cowgill

I don't understand why SFDC would move you to a new instance becuase of special characters appearing in your fields.

However, that being said, I have not gone through this, however here are things that will be impacted:

1. Hard Coded links that use the instance in the URL (http://na0.salesforce.com/XXXX). This is why you should always use Relative Paths in custom links, etc.

2. Javascript Hacks which user ID's for standard fields for population. There are a lot of folks that have built JS hacks on custom buttons that populated fields in the page by hacking the Element ID of the field. IF you have custom buttons executing javascript hacks those need to be remediated.

3. Integration Points - You will ned to update any endpoints that are explicitly called a endpoint like NA9. Normally you should just provide a endpoint like login.salesforce.com, but if you have custom integration points you may need to change those.