function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Kiran456Kiran456 

Moving data from one dev org to another

Hi, I have created a demo app with data on one org. I have migrated all the metadata to new org. Code is successfully migrated nad it is working fine. Now I am trying to migrate data from old dev org to new dev org. I have objects with lookups, master-detail relationships. But whenever I insert data into new org new ids are getting generated. My objective is to migrate complete data like after migration all records should have corresponding child objects as that of previous org. I used data loader but it requires too much mannual work to do vlookups of new ids to old ids. Now I am trying to use salesforce to salesforce connection. But there also it seems that only flat objects are shared not transferred. Is there any better way to transfer data from one org dev to another dev org with all relationships. Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Rahul_sgRahul_sg
No There is no easy way, you can try informatica cloud but in either case you need to do some thing to preserve the relationships.
sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

I dleat withDataloader bu please make sure whenever you insert child before this master ( parent ) record should be inserted.

Kiran456Kiran456

yes it seems there is no easy, now I am doing it with data loader and replacing all the lookups in child records with newly created ids in the new org.