function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
fachochfachoch 

do programmers like sales force ?

I am a java programmer , this is question is for other programmers who  learned salesforce, 

I have to make atleast 5 cliks on a web page to create a  simple object do programmers like this ?

is it easy for programmers to learn sales force?

I never like clicking so many times even for a simple object, cant we just write some  file with super   declaration whihc inherits all the default behaviouer than  clicking 20 times? 

I need suggestions on how programmers are using sales force ,  

I open the sales force web ui,app settings,  click  objets it shows so many other objects of sales force , whihc I donot use , why cant I see just files of my project   than mixed up with all other sales force stuff whihc I dont want to use?, is there any way I can create a project   like a maven project ?

Cloud on FireCloud on Fire

It has its pluses and minuses. There are a number of built in features that help speed up development.

In terms of object creation. Eclipse is the way to go. You just have to learn the XML structure and tags and then you can rapidly build objects.

The lack of a real debugger is a big pain but they are working on it. However trying to debug something running in the cloud is not as simple as on your desktop.

I suggest checking out some of the many developer blogs out there like forceguru or forcemonkey for example.

Cloud on FireCloud on Fire
Also I meant to ask, what version of Salesforce are you using? If you are using Enterprise, that's the CRM version and is tweaked for CRM and custom development. But if you have no interest in the CRM functionality, and only want to do custom development, you should use a force.com org. This gives you access to Accounts, Contacts, Reports, Dashboards, Content, Chatter, and custom objects but strips out all the other CRM stuff like Leads, Campaigns, Opportunities, etc. And it's cheaper - $600/user/yr as opposed to $1500/user/year.