function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RedSalesRedSales 

How to The Last Modified Date of An Object?

Hi,  I wish to check the last modified date of some objects.  If I open these objects in the force.com ide it gives the data I opened them as the last modifed date. This is not the date the object was actually last modifed however as I have not made any changes to them.

In the WebUI I do not see a section to check the object itself as opposed to it's fields etc.  Do you know if there is a way of finding this out?  Thanks!

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The "Last Modified Date" of an object is only the last time an object was modified (e.g. the name was changed). Standard objects can't be edited, thus have no "Last Modified Date". You would have to look at all the fields on an object and determine the latest modification date manually.

All Answers

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The Last Modified Date is available only in the UI. You just need to go to Setup > Create > Objects > Object Name, and you'll see the Last Modified Date on the detail section of the object. Is that what you're looking for?

RedSalesRedSales

Hi SFDCFox,  Thank you for your help.

For standard (non custom objects) though can I view when these were modifed also. For example I have URL's which have been added to the account object. I want to find out when this object was last changed overall.  For custom objects I can find the last modifed date using the suggestion you have provided.

Thank you again!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

The "Last Modified Date" of an object is only the last time an object was modified (e.g. the name was changed). Standard objects can't be edited, thus have no "Last Modified Date". You would have to look at all the fields on an object and determine the latest modification date manually.

This was selected as the best answer