function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SakshiUSakshiU 

Creating an app by extending the Salesforce1 app

Hi,

I am a native app developer who is new to Salesforce .

When I create an app by extending the Salesforce1 app and add more functionality using VisualForce, is my app packaged as a native app or is  it rendered as a mobile web app in my device?

Thanks

forecast_is_cloudyforecast_is_cloudy

Hi,

Salesforce1 is available in two version - a pure web/HTML5 version and a hybrid version for iOS and Android. The hybrid version of Salesforce1 is what users download from App Strore/Google Play and is the most likely route that your users will experience Salesforce1. Any Visualforce pages that you add to Salesforce1 are rendered within the 'hybrid' container of Salesforce1. You can of course also access the VF page via the web version of S1, but as I said before, the vast majority of users will probably use the hybrid versions of the app.

For further reading on web vs hybrid vs native mobile architectures, you can refer to this article - http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Native,_HTML5,_or_Hybrid:_Understanding_Your_Mobile_Application_Development_Options.

Hope this helps. 

SakshiUSakshiU

Thanks Sandeep for the helpful reply.

There is currently no text in the provided link. is there any alternative reource that I could refer to?

SakshiUSakshiU

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

This e-mail communication and any attachments to it are confidential and privileged to Hexaware and are strictly intended only for the personal and confidential use of the designated recipient(s) named above. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are hereby notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message along with all attachments thereto.