function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
arpitamarpitam 

show related lists 2 level deep in page layout

Hello,

I have 3 custom objects with Object A parent of Object B(lookup) and Object B parent of Object C(lookup)

I want to display the related list of object C on Object A's page layout .Is there a way to do so, I can do one level deep ie uptil Object B but not the second level.

Any help would be appreciated.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
digamber.prasaddigamber.prasad

Hi,

You can't do it directly on standard page layout.

However, there is a work around, on Object C, create a lookup of Object A too. Since Object B already have Id of Object A, when you create Object C record, using workflow/trigger, just update the lookup of Object A on Object C and keep this lookup field off from layout of Object C. Now you should be able to create related list of Object C on Object A page layout.

Let me know if you have any specific question.

All Answers

Hi,

You can't do it directly on standard page layout.

However, there is a work around, on Object C, create a lookup of Object A too. Since Object B already have Id of Object A, when you create Object C record, using workflow/trigger, just update the lookup of Object A on Object C and keep this lookup field off from layout of Object C. Now you should be able to create related list of Object C on Object A page layout.

Let me know if you have any specific question.

This was selected as the best answer

Happy that I was able to answer your question. Could you please give me KUDO if you think that I was able to help you.