function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Stuart_KimbleStuart_Kimble 

Developer Console in Google Chrome

Anyone experiencing problems using the developer console in chrome?

On launch I get script error "Uncaught Error: SYNTAX_ERR: DOM Exception 12" and the console fails to load / initialise.

I am using Chrome Version 22.0.1229.94 m. I have tried using a couple of dev orgs from Chrome with the same result. Both orgs Dev consoles work fine in FF.

SabrentSabrent

A little offboard but related .... lately we have been facing quite a few issues with Chrome and Force.com

e.g. On the portal, a button doesn't show up in Chrome but it shows up in Firefox and IE,  also noticed something about the css in chrome which is not an issue in IE and Firefox.

Thomas DvornikThomas Dvornik

Do you have any extensions enabled? Maybe try running it in ingocnito mode which could tell you if it is an extension or cache problem.

Stuart_KimbleStuart_Kimble

All seems to be working again now. I didn't have any extensions installed - just started working again!

DarrellDDarrellD

I had opened a case on this when Winter '13 released as thats when I also had same issue.  Ended up had to clear cache, cookies and history and all worked fine.  Hoping not to have to do that again since there is a reason those items are part of browser as they can be useful sometimes!

No problems since though.