function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
King KooKing Koo 

"Notes and Attachments" only available on object create. Why?

Hi guys

As per subject.

I've seen people begging for help because they want to add notes and attachments only after objects have been created.

Am just curious why Salesforce can't let you add notes and attachments after objects are created?

I can see that for myself, for sure whenever I create objects I will make sure i check that checkbox.  But if I'm coming into the middle of a project when objects have already been created without having checked this checkbox, then what do I do?

Thanks

King

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

I don't think it is any limitation. If you choose not to select that option while creating an object, Sfdc doesn't add "Notes/Attachments" related list by default the layout it creates. But you can edit that layout and add that notes/attachments to that layout later.

Same goes with Tab. If you don't select to create tab when object is created, you can go and create that tab later from Setup -> Create -> Tabs.

All Answers

Jia HuJia Hu
Notes & Attachments is available on the Standard object, like Account , Contact,....
King KooKing Koo

Hi there

Sorry it took me so long to reply to this.

I meant custom objects.  I'm in the middle of a project and some custom objects have been created without notes and attachments, and users want them now but unless I clone the object and copy the data over, I just don't know what else I can do.  But once again, why are they only allowed when an object is created?

Thanks

King

Santhosh KumarSanthosh Kumar

I don't think it is any limitation. If you choose not to select that option while creating an object, Sfdc doesn't add "Notes/Attachments" related list by default the layout it creates. But you can edit that layout and add that notes/attachments to that layout later.

Same goes with Tab. If you don't select to create tab when object is created, you can go and create that tab later from Setup -> Create -> Tabs.

This was selected as the best answer
King KooKing Koo

Oh!!!  I didn't realize that before.  I thought if you don't include that when you create the object then you can't add it afterwards.....

Wow, thank you very much!  I just tried creating an object without and I do see Notes & Attachments in the Page Layout.

That will make the customers very happy!

Thanks