function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
h8r41dh8r41d 

SF to SF Connection, Sharing cases, child records not sharing

Hi all

I've got a SF to SF connection established with cases, accounts, and contacts published and mapped.

According to the SF documentation, child records are supposed to be automatically shared.

However, when I transfer cases, the contact info is showing up blank.

Can anyone give me any clues as to why the child records are not sharing?

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Because the ID for the contact from instance A to instance B is not the same.

I believe what you will have to do is create an external ID that is the same for the contact within both systems.

This is why I abandoned SFDC 2 SFDC years ago, complicated...

But who knows, maybe I am wrong and there is another way, but from my talks with SFDC this was the issue 2-3 years ago.

PB

All Answers

TrimbleAgTrimbleAg

Because the ID for the contact from instance A to instance B is not the same.

I believe what you will have to do is create an external ID that is the same for the contact within both systems.

This is why I abandoned SFDC 2 SFDC years ago, complicated...

But who knows, maybe I am wrong and there is another way, but from my talks with SFDC this was the issue 2-3 years ago.

PB

This was selected as the best answer
h8r41dh8r41d

Yes.

I had to create a trigger on the receiving end and an extra field on both systems to contain the ID of the related record on the source system, then on the receiving end, look up the local id from the partnernetworkrecordconnection table and reassign the relationship.

It's definitely a complicated pain and SF needs to improve the way this whole thing works.

Although, if you are adding child records to a parent record that is already shared, you can use the parentRecordId field in the PNRC table.