function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Devendra@SFDCDevendra@SFDC 

Guest Profile to UPDATE Standard Object Records

Hello,

A site page is accessed by Guest User with Guest Profile and a Guest User wants to perform update operation on Standard Object (Campaign, Contact, Campaign Member).

Will that be possible using Guest Profile? If not then what would be the workaround?

Thanks,
Devendra

D.M.D.M.

From experience, and I hope this isn't a bug that will get blocked in the future!!, the profile stuff seems to block VF but not Apex.

Viz, I have a page controller. It can select and update a Contact as happy as you like.

If I have property Contact myContact that I set with the contact object and the VF references myContact.LastName this is a bad thing and there are errors and sadness.

If I have a property String myContact_LastName which I set with contact.LastName and the VF uses that property on and inputText then all seems happiness.

I can have a Save() method and when a command button is clicked that is called, reads back a new LastName value, stashes it in the contact object and updates it.

harshasfdcharshasfdc

Hi ,

give read and write permission for the object in profile and assing that profile  to user so he can update the records 

Thanks,

Harsha

D.M.D.M.

Devendra states it is the Guest User. I do not believe that profile allows such a change in its profile.