function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ExecbizExecbiz 

Reports - show zero values

When I sort a report on a date field (by week, month, year) I would like to set it so that every interval is shown on the chart, even if there is no record thats sorted into the interval (I want to see zero values), more like a histogram than a bar graph or a line graph.  I think its bizarre that the default is to remove those zero columns altogether, because then you could very easy overlook the fact that there is a gap in data.  If you were reporting on, say, deals closed, it would be very important to know if there was a month in which you closed no deals.

Any advice on this?

Thanks 

lahontilahonti

We have the same issue when doing trend reporting. Everytime there is no value for a given month the line breaks and then picks up again when data exists in the report. I am interested as well to see if we can print 0 values rather than a NULL marker in a report. This will allow me to have a fluid line for the dashboard view.

WeiweiWeiwei
please vote this idea, there is a workaround posted in the comment but it does not work for us. https://ideas.salesforce.com/s/idea/a0B8W00000GdWC6UAN/allow-zero-sum-in-reports