function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ofjsdflsdjflsdjofjsdflsdjflsdj 

Creation of custom account and contact creation page

Hello all,

I'm an intern new to salesforce.com. My company tasked me to create a custom account and contact creation page because they find the default salesforce.com process consuming; they want a page where they can create a new account and immediately add up to 3 contacts associated with the created account.

My research turned up the force.com platform and visualforce page creation. Does all development occur on the force.com platform? It seems a bit of an overkill for what I want to do; with all the references to cloud computing etc.

I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction as to how I should go about achieving the requirements given to me. Would I need a full force.com application or can I simply write a page that can be added to the salesforce.com platform my company is currently using.

A million thanks in advance for any kind assistance.

Cheers

Shaun

SFDCDev7SFDCDev7

Hi shaun,

If the requirement is to create a custom account and contact creation for this you no need to create a separate custom app. Instead you can create a page and add up to your current SF instance.

Thanks.

AJ

ofjsdflsdjflsdjofjsdflsdjflsdj

Hey AJ,

Thanks for the tip. I've started reading up on visualforce and have a couple other questions. I'm guessing I can't use a standard controller as I have to save both account and contact information in a single click.

Do I then have to create a custom controller? Do I need to recreate the account and contact input fields or can I import the existing templates?

Thanks again for your time!

Cheers

Shaun

SFDCDev7SFDCDev7

Hi Shaun,

Check page no. 242 in the Force.com Developer guide. You can find a sample code over there.

Thanks,

AJ