function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
angusgrantangusgrant 

A few (basic) Questions????

Hi I've created a complete custom application using the Salesforceplatform. The only Standard objects that I'm using are Contacts andAccounts. I have had the following user questions and I wouldappreciate some help with?:

Can the heading "Messages and Alerts" be removed from the side bar as we will not need this for our application?

'CreateNew View' on all objects allows you to create two 'views' with the samename. Can it be changed so each 'view' must have a unique name?

First name on contacts object form needs to have a red line around it as it's mandatory can this be done?

How can I mark certain address details such as country, city on the Accounts and Contacts object as mandatory also?

Account and Contacts home page has links under the heading Tools and Reports that we don't need on there how can I edit these?

Thanks for your Time in advance.  :smileyhappy:

NasipuriNasipuri

Can the heading "Messages and Alerts" be removed from the side bar as we will not need this for our application?

NAS : Yes , by editing the home page layout .

'CreateNew View' on all objects allows you to create two 'views' with the same name. Can it be changed so each 'view' must have a unique name?

NAS : No , two view Name (that displayed ) can be same , but the view Unique name needs to be different .

First name on contacts object form needs to have a red line around it as it's mandatory can this be done?

NAS : No

How can I mark certain address details such as country, city on the Accounts and Contacts object as mandatory also?

NAS : Not by page layout , please write validation rule for the individual field (BillingCity , MailingCountry etc. ).

Account and Contacts home page has links under the heading Tools and Reports that we don't need on there how can I edit these?

And : No out of the Box functionality to configure them . At the extreme case you may override the tab by S-control or Visual force page.

Thanks,

Dinesh Nasipuri

Dinesh.Nasipuri@gmail.com

angusgrantangusgrant
Thanks Dinesh for your help:smileyhappy: