function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
ARUNBLIKESCLOUDARUNBLIKESCLOUD 

Maximum outbound messages ?

Folks,

I am loading 5000 client records through dataloader. I have also configured an outbound message that will be sent to an external system on every client record insert/update.

Now I am confused as to what is the limit on the maximum outbound messages that can be queued up ? I get an error 'EXCEEDED_MAX_SIZE_REQUEST: size of unauthenticated request is too large' on all my outbound message's delivery status.

Any hints ?

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
SuperfellSuperfell

The error message you're seeing is from that particular endpoint. 

There's no direct limit on the number of outstanding messages you can have in the queue. 

All Answers

SuperfellSuperfell
What URL is your OM configured for? sounds like your trying to send your OM messages back to the salesforce.com API which won't work.

Hi Simon,

Appreciate your quick response.

Yes you are correct ! I am yet to configure my endpoint URL to a correct value. Some dependencies on 3rd parties to provide the correct URL. But temporarily my OM is set to have  a dummy endpoint URL(https://test.salesforce.com/services/Soap/c/16.0) and I was doing some dataload testing for this.This being the case, can I assume that if I set the OM to an outside endpoint URL (which will be a integration app URL, I can escape this error ? 

My only worry is the maximum number of OMs that can be sent when I load the data using a data loader ?

Thanks.

SuperfellSuperfell

The error message you're seeing is from that particular endpoint. 

There's no direct limit on the number of outstanding messages you can have in the queue. 

This was selected as the best answer

Thanks a lot Simon. This helps.

Thanks.