function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
RazzRazz 

Convert Crystal report(SQL Server ) to SAP BI OnDemand report (Salesforce objects data source)

Can any one guide us in detail  in handling the below requirement
The idea is to convert reports from Crystal report
(using SQL Server as a data source) to SAP BI OnDemand report
(using Salesforce objects as a data source).
There is another project that is taking care of migrating the data from SQL Server to Salesforce
(along with other functionalities). Output of crystal reports is .CSV file

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

In my experience using CR and BI, because you're changing the data source - you'll have to strip out the data fields when you remove the datasource and re-add once you connect to Salesforce.

You will be able to retain the formatting and structure of the report - no worries there....flipping out the data fields can be a tad tricky, especially if you have CR formula fields involved.

-Andy

RazzRazz

Hi Andy,

Thank you so much for the reply i am sure you are 100% right .

can u be more specific regarding how  to strip out the data fields when  removing  the datasource and re-add when connecting to Salesforce? waiting for your valuable reply.

can you please cote an example, sorry to bother you..

Thanks in advance

The migrations I've done are report-by-report, manually.  There may be some tools out there - but to ensure customer satisfaction with the end-product, you need to make sure that the fields end up in the right place with the right format.

-Andy

RazzRazz

Hi Andy,

The migrations which i am gonna do are also report-by-report, manually i appreciate if you can provide me step by step procedure to do the migration and  to ensure customer satisfaction with the end-product.

while stripping out the data fields when  removing from the datasource u mean all crystal report fields need to be removed from the crystal report designer? and also let me know do we need to remove formula fields also . and rewrite again in bi.?

i appreciate if you can provide me the complete process you had followed to migrate the CR's to BI.

Regards,

Razz

To connect your BI report to Salesforce - use this link:

https://resources.ondemand.com/biod/help/salesforce_create_dataset.html

That will connect your BI report up.  The best thing you can do is to recreate the report in BI using the CR report as a template.  There are a few migration tools out there that will move CRs to BI, but I ended up running into enough "mop-up work" that it would have been faster to just create from scratch.

-Andy

RazzRazz

Andy,

how to recreate report in BI using the CR report as a template? is it possible to create reports in BI ? i am sure we can upload a data set and explore.

Regards,

Razz

RazzRazz

andy,

also can you share me the migration tools that you have used to migrate the CR's to BI?

Regards,

Razz