function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MattyIceMattyIce 

Queue Email Alert

I'm interested in createing an email alert that informs me when the number of messages (a custom object) assined to a queue surpasses a set number. Normally, I set up email alerts with workflow rules as it is easy to add an email action but I think this case is a bit more coplicated then the rather simple workflow rules will permit. Any thoughts? 

alexbalexb

Alright, so you have a custom object Messages. These are assigned to a queue. What kind of queue is this? Is Queue a custom object as well?

MattyIceMattyIce

The queues we are using are the default Salesforce ones. Here is SF's explaination of them: 

Queues allow groups of users to manage a shared workload more effectively. A queue is a location where records can be routed to await processing by a group member. The records remain in the queue until a user accepts them for processing or they are transferred to another queue. You can specify the set of objects that are supported by each queue, as well as the set of users that are allowed to retrieve records from the queue.

Andy BoettcherAndy Boettcher

I would do an "AFTER" APEX trigger on the custom object - and query all records that have that queue as the owner (along with whatever other criteria that you would need).  If the count of records is above whatever threshold you specify - spin up and fire off a SingleEmailMessage to notify you (or others) of the situation.

-Andy

MattyIceMattyIce

OK. I'll try this and report on how it works.