function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
nwingnwing 

Time Zone Independent Date/Time Field

Is there a way to force a field to display an absolute time versus a time converted based upon the time zone of the viewer?  In other words, I want a manager in the pacific time zone to see the same time as their subordinate in the central time zone on a record the subordinate created.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I think salesforce stores all dates in the following pattern internally:-

2009-014:57:24.000Z

and depending upon the user timezone display's the time in the appropriate format.

So in case you want your different user to view date differently you need to do appropriate manipulation using javascript functions and show the desired output.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

Greg HGreg H

If you want to see the datetime value as the same value for two users in two different time zones then you'll need to have each user setup with the same time zone value on their User record. Of course this would make all datetime values be in the timezone for one of the users.

If you truly only want one value to be displayed with the same "time" so that all users will see that exact same value then you may need to change the type on that field from datetime to text and populate the value systematically with a specific value based on the business rules you have in place. Based on your question I do not know if this will absolutely meet your need but maybe this is something you can look into.
-greg

Nicole LaperouseNicole Laperouse
This is an old post; but did a reslution ever come of this? We have the same situation.