function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GSBassoGSBasso 

How to include the Home Page layout in a profile retrieved with the ANT migration tool?

I have a reference to the Home Page layout itself in my manifest, but the resulting .profile file does not include the Home Page layout assignment.

I'm using the latest 18.0 version.

-Gino

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

I tried the same with ecllipse, I checked out all the meta-data components of my org onto an ecllipse force.com project.

There in the navigator under the Profiles the xml univalent of all the profiles is present and there in those files there is a node for <Layout assignments>, see below:-

<layoutAssignments>
        <layout>Home-DE Default</layout>
    </layoutAssignments>

for each layout mentioned in the salesforce UI for profile.

What I am suggesting is that if comes in ecllipse then ANT too should be providing it.

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.

GSBassoGSBasso

While it doesn't answer my specific question, I did try deploying with a modified package.xml based on your example.

However, I get the following error:

no layout named Home-My Layout

This kind of makes sense in that there is not a Home-My Layout.layout file in the layouts folder.

My home page layouts appear in a separate homePageLayouts folder and the content is completely different from an object page layout file.

-Gino

Lawrence-CECLawrence-CEC

Any solution for this? I'm pulling over profiles and home page layouts in the same retrieval/deployment step and none of the profiles are coming over with the correct home page layout. When I look in the .profile files pulled off the original server, I see a number of <layoutAssignment> sections, but none for 'Home-'.

Is there some trick to getting those values in the retrieved profile files? Or is this just another one of those quirks with the Migration Tool?

---Lawrence

GSBassoGSBasso

Unless there's been a change in the latest version of the metadata API (and I took a quick look just before composing this message and there does not appear to be) I don't believe this can be done.

In my case I ended up doing it as a manual step post-deployment.

-Gino

Lawrence-CECLawrence-CEC

Ok. Thanks for the confirmation Gino! :)

-L

Hugues RaguetHugues Raguet
Hello   any improvment on this topic ?   I saw another post explaining that it is possible :
https://full-tzorg.cs12.force.com/customers/answers?id=90630000000gn26AAA     but I never succeded

If I add this in the.profile metadata file:
 <layoutAssignments>
  <homePageLayout>Pagexx</homePageLayout>
 </layoutAssignments>

the ant deploy fails with message: homePageLayout invalid at this location in type ProfileLayoutAssignment

and if I add this:
 <layoutAssignments>
  <layout>Pagexx</layout>
 </layoutAssignments>

the ant deploy fails with message : no layout named Pagexx found
GSBassoGSBasso
Hi,

I had a quick read through of the latest documentation for the Profile (https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.api_meta.meta/api_meta/meta_profile.htm) metadata type and it would appear that Salesforce still does not provide this capability.

You could post an idea on the Ideas Exchange (https://success.salesforce.com/ideaSearch) and see if it gains any traction but obviously that isn't going to help you in the short term.

-Gino