function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
VarunCVarunC 

Force.come IDE Spring 10 Install Error

I've Downloaded Eclipse 3.5 SR2 (from the link provided in Installation of Force.come IDE), and I'm trying to install Force.come IDE in it, and am facing this error: Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found. Software being installed: Force.com IDE 18.0.0.201004191706 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 18.0.0.201004191706) Missing requirement: Force.com IDE Compatibility 18.0.0.201004191706 (com.salesforce.ide.core.compatibility 18.0.0.201004191706) requires 'package org.apache.log4j 0.0.0' but it could not be found Cannot satisfy dependency: From: Force.com IDE 18.0.0.201004191706 (com.salesforce.ide.feature.feature.group 18.0.0.201004191706) To: com.salesforce.ide.core.compatibility [18.0.0.201004191706] I could not install the IDE :( .. please help.
Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
VarunCVarunC
Ok atlast ... Got it Installed. I had to COPY "org.apache.log4j_1.2.13.v200806030600.jar" file from Older Eclipse 3.4 Installation Directory. This file can be found in "Plugins" directory of Eclipse Installation folder. I copied this to New Eclipse 3.5 version I downloaded earlier. Then Force.com IDE installation went smooth.

All Answers

VarunCVarunC
Ok atlast ... Got it Installed. I had to COPY "org.apache.log4j_1.2.13.v200806030600.jar" file from Older Eclipse 3.4 Installation Directory. This file can be found in "Plugins" directory of Eclipse Installation folder. I copied this to New Eclipse 3.5 version I downloaded earlier. Then Force.com IDE installation went smooth.
This was selected as the best answer
ConejoConejo

My install went w/o a hitch. No idea why yours had trouble.

Rich C.

etoeto
got the same error. I Installed the eclipse version which is linked from the installation instructions, tried to install force.com ide exactly as described and it did not finish due to the missing log4j component. Fortunately you already found a workaround, however I think it should work out of the box, as not everyone is familiar with the eclipse IDE update mechanism which can drive one crazy once there are dependency issues. Please guys give us a full installation instruction, especially if there are any dependencies, and how to install the msiisng but required packages. It was aleady a mess with the last version, as after some updates of the eclipse package it simply was not possible to install the force.com ide anymore for the last 6 months or so. Or if you succeded dealing with the dependencies, some important parts have thrown exceptions.
etoeto
Ok, I got it: Eclipse 3.5 will not work as expected, if you copy it to the "programs" folder of Windows 7 (maybe also for other Windows OS). Then it will neither be able to install dependend packages nor will the force.com perspecitve ever show up. Solution: Copy the eclipse folder from the installation link to e.g. c:\eclipse and start it from there. then the installation will cause no issues. hth eto
SLEllisSLEllis

I had the same problems with Windows 7 when I tried installing eclipse under Program Files.  I moved it to c:/eclipse/ and voila!  :)

Caleb_SidelCaleb_Sidel

Had the same error, moved eclipse from c:/eclipse3.5.2 to c:/eclipse and it worked.

SwarnasankhaSwarnasankha

I am using Windows 7 and encountered the same problem - copying a couple of the jar files from my old Eclipse folder solved the problem immediately.

AstrocloudAstrocloud

> I am using Windows 7 and encountered the same problem - copying a couple of the jar files from my old Eclipse folder

> solved the problem immediately.

Which .jar files?

From where to where?

etoeto

Which .jar files?

From where to where?

don't use the JAR file approach, even if you are able to run it afterwards, you will not be able to install updates or other packages. Just copy eclipse to c:/eclipse and run it from there, then you can install all packages including force.com ide without any issues.

hth

AstrocloudAstrocloud

I actually installed an older version of eclipse (3.5.2) located here: 

http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/

And then the salesforce IDE installed perfectly.

Marvin BonifacioMarvin Bonifacio

I got the same error, thanks to this reply, I fixed it immediately. I got the copy of this file from --

http://gibble.googlecode.com/svn-history/r60/trunk/gibble/lib/swtbot/org.apache.log4j_1.2.13.v200806030600.jar

I installed Eclipse 3.6 (following Force.com IDE guide here -- http://wiki.developerforce.com/page/Force.com_IDE_Installation_for_Eclipse_3.6 ) and used this link. I just copied it to my plugin directory, and it worked well. (C:\Program Files\eclipse\plugins)