function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
waylonatcimwaylonatcim 

Building Tree Structure for Portal Content

I am working on setting up a customer portal so that my internal users can share documents with contacts in the system.  The internal users are currently using a system to do this that displays the documents in a hierarchical folder structure, so they would like to keep it that way.  I have seen a few posts on the forums regarding tree structures, so that seems easy enough to implement but it would have to be simple enough to allow the internal users to add documents to certain folders as well as create new folders.

My question is, has anyone either tried to or successfully implemented a strucutre like this within Salesforce Portal? 

I'm trying to get an idea of tools that you may have used or any pitfalls that came up, as I'm trying to avoid having to re-invent the wheel.

Any helpful respone would be greatly appreciated.

Ispita_NavatarIspita_Navatar

The first thing that you have investigate is does the document support nested tree structute or it just store files in a linear 1 dimensional form. I remember doing some research on this where we had a private equity client and we were required to store documents like Capital call notices  and Fund Distribution Notices in respective folder by these name under a parent folder called say Capital Call and Distribution, but were not able to achieve it .

Did this answer your question? If not, let me know what didn't work, or if so, please mark it solved.