function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
JasonGablerJasonGabler 

Event attendance and tracking -- what do you use?

I have seen Campaigns used for event attendance tracking (whether there's an ROI expected or not).  I have made a one off, simple package for one of my clients.  I haven't seen an AppEx packages for this purpose.  There is EventForce, but that's more for event planning rather than event attendance.  What do you use?  

I'd like to use Campaigns, but I'm wondering if anyone's had any pitfalls with going this route.

Jason Gabler

BlasgenBlasgen

I don't currently do this, but for attendance I'd use Web2Lead and set a Campaign ID on that form.  Then all "Leads" that come in that way can be tied to the Campaign.  Doesn't seem like anything that would need to be on AppExchange since it's just way too easy to create.  Now if you used something like Salesforce Sites to provide a better interface, then maybe.  But in general I think this is what everyone already does without the need for something on AppExchange.

But then again I should shut up.  I'm learning that AppExchange is a great way to generate leads for my business so we're packaging up everything we do for clients and starting to push them to AppExchange.