function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
krrkkrrk 

Workflow Rule not firing on time

hi,

I have created one time based workflow which causes one field update. but the WF fires 10-15 min past its scheduled time.

Is there a way to correct it..?

Thanks,

Ray

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

What are the time trigger parameters you have selected when you added Time Trigger?

krrkkrrk

Hi,

I am creating the WF on Events. and for the entry criteria i have taken Reminder Date/Time equals Today.After that for time trigger i have taken 0 hours After Reminder Date/Time.

under time based workflow in monitoring i can see the exact time the workflow rule should fire.but it gets fired after 10-15 minutes of scheduled time.

Thanks,

Ray

*werewolf**werewolf*

Time-based workflow rules are not guaranteed to fire exactly at the time specified, but generally fire within 15 minutes of that time (I think if you look in the docs you'll find that the documented granularity is actually an hour).

krrkkrrk

Hi

So is there any way by which I can fire timebased trigger precisely on time..?

*werewolf**werewolf*

No, there's not, or at least not as of this writing.

Imran MohammedImran Mohammed

Why dont you go for the standard actions instead of Time Based in this scenario, as that will trigger immediately?

krrkkrrk

actually i am linking my outlook with salesforce.so whenever i create any meeting in outlook it activates the workflow on criteria reminder date/Time equals TODAY. and at precise reminder date/time time based trigger gets fired which causes a field update..

i can not give entry criteria to WF at precise date/time as TODAY only gives the date and not time...

Karthik MunukuntlaKarthik Munukuntla
Is there any  update on this.! do we have a method to fire the time based trigger on time. if not is the least amount of time 1hr or 15minutes.!