function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
GSBassoGSBasso 

Can't disable access to standard apps when deploying new profile via migration tool

Am using the migration tool to deploy a new profile. The profile is meant to have access to only a single application. However, after deployment, the profile has access to all the standard apps (sales, marketing, etc.), even though the standard apps are not referenced in the metadata file. How can I deploy the new profile such that access to these apps is disabled? Note that the profile is for a Salesforce license (i.e. not a platform license).

Have tried adding entries similar to the following to the metadata file but Salesforce complains that the app does not exist (in this case, sales):

<applicationVisibilities>
        <application>Sales</application>
        <default>false</default>
        <visible>false</visible>
    </applicationVisibilities>

Even the list-metadata command does not show any of the standard apps.

sgoor1.3938432899888472E12sgoor1.3938432899888472E12
This is an old question (2012) but I came across the same issue today so I'm posting some information I found useful:

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.daas.meta/api_meta/meta_profile.htm

"In API version 29.0 and earlier, this field supports custom apps only. In API version 30.0 and later, this field supports both standard and custom apps."