function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
honda57honda57 

Can't get custom related list to show up in VF page

I am building a very basic VF page and I can't get my related list to show up.  I get the following error message "Special Pricing Request is not a valid child relationship name for entity Opportunity".

I have verified that this is the Label for the child object.  I have also tried the API name, Plural Label, and Object Name.  I receive the same message no matter what I try.  I also tried using the "Child Relationship Name" from the master detail field (Special_Pricing_Requests1).  Nothing works.

<apex:page standardController="Opportunity">
<apex:tabPanel style="font-style:bold; font-size:14px" tabClass="activeTab" inactiveTabClass="inactiveTab" >
<apex:tab label="Activity" style="font-size:14px">
<apex:relatedList list="Special Pricing Request>
</apex:tab>
</apex:tabpanel>
</apex:page>

What name do I use to display this custom related list?

ManjunathManjunath

Hi,

Find the "Child Relationship Name" object get that value and append it with __r .

For example the "Special_Pricing_Requests1" object has a relationship with Opportunity find the "Child Relationship Name" given in your field get that name append it with "__r"

Regards,

Manjunath

ManjunathManjunath
honda57honda57

Thanks.  That worked.

One more question.  How do I find the Child Relationship Names for standard related lists like Contact Roles, Opportunity Team, Activity History, etc?