function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFTerrSFTerr 

Error: Invalid Currency

Hi, 

I am using a URL button to copy information from one object to another. However when I try and write the currency field I get an error: Invalid Currency. I did some research on this and it seems to be caused by my organisation having turned on multi-currency. I have also found some other posts then I have to write the CurrencyISO field along with it but I have tried this and I still get the error. 

I think the solution is to remove the currency code when the information is being written across. So remove the first 3 letters such as GBP, USD etc. Or just be able to just write the number without any currency information attachted to it. 

Has anyone got any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

BharathimohanBharathimohan

Hi,

Try to update the currency field only with numbers, like 3000 and not as 3000 USD.

And you need to assign CurrencyISOCode='USD'.

Regards,

Bharathi
Salesforce For All

Mark this post as solved, if it helps you

SFTerrSFTerr

How do I do that? I am just taking what was typed by the user. Here is the snapshot of the code I currently have. I am writting it to a custom object. from the opportunity object

&00ND0000004ETLk={!Opportunity.Amount}

&CurrencyIsoCode={!Opportunity.CurrencyIsoCode}

Robert HopkinsRobert Hopkins
I had the same problem while I was testing some new pages this evening, where a simple data entry of 1.50 in the Price field caused the "Error : Invalid Currency". I turned out to be that the locale of the usert I was logged in as was Sweden - and there the data entry should be 1,50 since they dont use the fullstop as a decimal marker. Corrected to 1,50 and no problems at all.
Edgar PascacioEdgar Pascacio
In my case the issue was the "Currency Locale" in the "Company Information" inside "Setup" had "Spanish - null" so I couldn't create a group, I was getting the "Error: Invalid Currency" when trying to create a Group