function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
SFFSFF 

Connect For Office Support for 64-bit Windows, Windows 7, or Office 2010?

I have a client who wants to use Connect For Office to implement some Excel integration with SFDC. On the Connect For Office link (Setup > Desktop Integration > Connect For Office) it says very clearly that this tool does not support Windows 7 or Windows 8, nor Office 2010. Since my client is using Windows 7 and Office 2010, I am a bit concerned about this.

Additionally, the cheatsheet (https://cs3.salesforce.com/help/doc/en/salesforce_office_edition_cheatsheet.pdf) clearly states that this tool is only supported for 32-bit systems. (Can you even buy a 32-bit system anymore?)

Googling shows that many, many people have asked about this over the past two years, with no official answers from SFDC.

Does anyone know if SFDC will be upgrading this tool to support modern versions of the Office or Windows?

Thanks,

Mr. WMr. W

Is there an answer for this?  My users need it.  

good_guygood_guy

Is There any update to this situation?

(we are Running windows7 and Office 2010 and desperately need "Connect for Office" to work in Excel 2010.)

Thanks

Gerard

Good Technology

MouDKMouDK
I would also greatly appreciate any information on this - I's a dealbreaker for some of my potential SFDC customers...
Maggie XL YangMaggie XL Yang
Can we we an update on this? We really need Excel connector for 64 bits system.