function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
cathy369cathy369 

500 field limit... i've reached... now what?

i've reached the field limit on the opportunity object... does anyone have any suggestions?  my coding skills are limited, and i'm thinking i will have to use a custom object, and visualforce?  not sure that's best, and i'm trying to avoid having to learn visualforce, as i'm not very knowledgeable in html, css or javascript...

anyways, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.......

DallasDeuceDallasDeuce

I believe the Unlimited Edition goes up to 800 fields, so upgrading would be one option. 

Edition and Pricing info: https://help.salesforce.com/htviewhelpdoc?id=limits.htm&siteLang=en_US

Other than upgrading to Unlimited, could look at deleting old fields that are no longer used/necessary and can be deprecated.

Could create a child object that stores attributes for the opportunity as another alternative, but that would depend on what type of data that you're looking to store. 

liron169liron169
If you have this issue only in specific object, and you don't expected to reach it in other object,
maybe the best way will be to approach salesforce and check, how much it will cost to raise the number of fields for this specific object.
Madhan Raja MMadhan Raja M

Hi Cathy,

You need to create a Custom object and merge with Opportunity object using Visualforce page and Controller. If you are ready to pay for more fields then create a Service request to provide extra fields on Opportunity object.

Madhan Raja M

cathy369cathy369

thanks, everyone for responding... you confirmed what i thought was the case.... 

i will be asking SF how much for additional fields on one object, but i think learning Visualforce is in my very near future!

thanks again.