function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Shweta AgarwalShweta Agarwal 

Formula fields are showing error in reports

There are two custom formula field in Case object "Response Time" and "Job Time".When values are fetched form case in reports it displays error but both the fields have values for respective records. 

05641384 Mazeed Syed Free Installation West MAHARASHTRA - - 5/31/2013 5:23 PM #Error!5/14/2013 5:18 PM 5/31/2013 5:23 PM

Gaurav-GuleriaGaurav-Guleria
Can you tell me the error message?

Its showing #Error!

Highlighted by red in below example

05641384 Mazeed Syed Free Installation West MAHARASHTRA - - 5/31/2013 5:23 PM #Error! 5/14/2013 5:18 PM 5/31/2013 5:23 PM

Yoganand GadekarYoganand Gadekar

May be you should Check the type return for your formila field, value returned by the actual formula should match the type defined.

Thanks,

Value returned by the actual formula is matching the type defined and i getting that value in record but when i am fetching value in report it showing Error

Avidev9Avidev9
What is the formula behind the field ?

IF( (ISBLANK(Assignment_End_Time__c) && NOT(ISBLANK(AOSI_Case_Close_Time__c)) && NOT(ISBLANK(CreatedDate)) ) ,((AOSI_Case_Close_Time__c-DATETIMEVALUE(Text(YEAR(DATEVALUE(AOSI_Case_Close_Time__c)))+'-'+Text(MONTH(DATEVALUE(AOSI_Case_Close_Time__c)))+'-'+Text(DAY(DATEVALUE(AOSI_Case_Close_Time__c)))+' 3:30: 00') )*24)+ 
(( DATETIMEVALUE(Text(YEAR(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate )))+'-'+Text(MONTH(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate )))+'-'+Text(DAY(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate )))+' 14:30: 00') - CreatedDate )*24)+ 
( (DATEVALUE( AOSI_Case_Close_Time__c) - (DATEVALUE(CreatedDate ) )-1- AOSI_Sundays_For_Resolution_Time__c )*11),IF((NOT(ISBLANK(Assignment_End_Time__c)) && NOT(ISBLANK(CreatedDate)) ), 
((Assignment_End_Time__c-DATETIMEVALUE(Text(YEAR(DATEVALUE(Assignment_End_Time__c)))+'-'+Text(MONTH(DATEVALUE(Assignment_End_Time__c)))+'-'+Text(DAY(DATEVALUE(Assignment_End_Time__c)))+' 3:30: 00') )*24)+ 
(( DATETIMEVALUE(Text(YEAR(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate )))+'-'+Text(MONTH(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate )))+'-'+Text(DAY(DATEVALUE(CreatedDate )))+' 14:30: 00') - CreatedDate )*24)+ 
( (DATEVALUE( Assignment_End_Time__c) - (DATEVALUE(CreatedDate ) )-1- AOSI_Sundays_For_Resolution_Time__c)*11),null) 
)

This formula is used to find  number of hours between two dates

Avidev9Avidev9
Ohh I see now. Probably due to the length of the formula it is failing. Generally formulas are calcualted at run time and due to the complexity of the formula, it is failing.

What I will suggest is Raise a case with SFDC support and check what they say about the same

May be that is the issue, I already have raised case with SFDC. Thanks for your response.