function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari 

Opportunity split validation rule

Hi All,

Opportunity split feature is introduce in Summer 13 release , does anyone know if we can create validation rule on Opportunity split .

My requirement is like once the split amount is set , no one can edit this value.

Please let me know.

Regards,

Deepak

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Rajit JosephRajit Joseph

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your feedback.  As of Summer '13, Opportunity Splits Object is not customizable i.e. it does not support addition of custom fields, validation rules, triggers, workflows etc on Opportunity Splits Object.  However, this is something we are planning in our roadmap #Safe Harbor.  In the interim, customers can create a Visual Force (VF) Page with a similar look and feel to the standard Splits Multi-Edit UI page as in Summer '13 and enforce a client side validation on the VF Page.  Yes a small customization but would work in the interim, while we enhance the feature in our roadmap.  Recommended to have a similar look-and-feel for the custom VF page so that your end users have the same user experience for splitting opportunity and you dont need to re-train them when moving to standard UI (Splits Multi-Edit) with validation rules in future, when you have this capability natively in Salesforce.

Best Regards,

Rajit Joseph

All Answers

Rajit JosephRajit Joseph

Hi Deepak,

Thank you for your feedback.  As of Summer '13, Opportunity Splits Object is not customizable i.e. it does not support addition of custom fields, validation rules, triggers, workflows etc on Opportunity Splits Object.  However, this is something we are planning in our roadmap #Safe Harbor.  In the interim, customers can create a Visual Force (VF) Page with a similar look and feel to the standard Splits Multi-Edit UI page as in Summer '13 and enforce a client side validation on the VF Page.  Yes a small customization but would work in the interim, while we enhance the feature in our roadmap.  Recommended to have a similar look-and-feel for the custom VF page so that your end users have the same user experience for splitting opportunity and you dont need to re-train them when moving to standard UI (Splits Multi-Edit) with validation rules in future, when you have this capability natively in Salesforce.

Best Regards,

Rajit Joseph

This was selected as the best answer
Deepak PansariDeepak Pansari

HI Rajit,

Thanks for your reply and I will try your solution.

Regards,

Deepak

Jamie EvansJamie Evans

@rajit

Is it possible to access Opportunity Split data via trigger / workflows / validation rules yet? 

I need to update a bonus object with values from Opportunity split. 

Thanks in advance