function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Aurélien LavalAurélien Laval 

Bad roles for Customer Portal's users

Hello, I've created a customer portal and 2 users which use 2 different custom profiles (cloned from "Customer Portal Manager Custom" profile).

For my profiles, I've created 2 different roles in the same branch (for the hierarchy).

But, when, I see the roles of my 2 contacts, they are different and I can't choose them I want, they have a "Customer Portal Manager Custom" licence, how can I attribute them, the roles I created?

Thanks for your answers and sorry for my language.

Aurélien LavalAurélien Laval
No people can help me please?
Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Aurélien, 

Note: Person accounts enabled as Customer Portal users are automatically assigned the Person Account role, which
you cannot change. Person accounts are automatically assigned to this role because they include a single user, so
multiple roles are not necessary for their account. Furthermore, all person accounts owned by the same user are
assigned the same role.

Pg# 37: http://na1.salesforce.com/help/pdfs/en/salesforce_customer_portal_implementation_guide.pdf

Regards,

Ashish

Ashish_SFDCAshish_SFDC

Hi Aurélien, 

Alsom see the link: Customer Portal Role Hierarchy: 

When you enable a Customer Portal on an account, the system creates a role hierarchy for the account’s portal users. The portal roles are unique for each account and include the account’s name—or example, “Account A Customer User.” In your organization’s overall role hierarchy, this account-specific hierarchy is directly below the account owner.

The roles in a portal role hierarchy are fixed. You cannot customize them or add new ones. They are:
  • Executive—for contacts
  • Manager—for contacts
  • User—for contacts
  • Person Account—for person accounts
https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewHelpDoc?id=customer_portal_manage_users.htm&language=en

Regards,
Ashish