function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Jeff Douglas (Personal)Jeff Douglas (Personal) 

Can't create Connected App after sandbox refresh for Summer '13.

I just refreshed our sandbox and now cannot create a new Connected App. With each (unique) app name I get the error:

The application name [app-name] / [app-name] has been used before. Use a new unique name for your application.

See this screenshot

Thanks

Jeff Douglas

Appirio

EmptyEmpty

I have exactly the same issue : trying different names did not help.

Summer13 bug?

Sovane

sandeep@Salesforcesandeep@Salesforce

Please check App by name which you are using again is this existing still in database. if not exist then reason may be of keeping app unique throught of the org.

The app is definitely uinque as there are no other apps in the org!!

Thanks

Jeff Douglas

Appirio

EmptyEmpty

I have created a case with our premier support, i 'll post the result.

Sovane

I spoke with @cmort and he said, "We have a fix coming pretty soon."

Thanks

Jeff Douglas

Appirio

EmptyEmpty

Patch tentative schedule is for next week.

If you are stuck before then you can contact the support who can patch the environment

Sovane

Brent MaloneyBrent Maloney

Hello when will this patch be available?

EmptyEmpty

To solve the issue I had to recreate a new sandbox where creating a connected app now works and migrate all the code/data.

Sovane

semseddinm1.389196985192763E12semseddinm1.389196985192763E12
Sovane's workaround didn't solve my case.
I have created a case, support stuff solved my problem, they refer to this article https://help.salesforce.com/apex/HTViewSolution?urlname=Unable-to-create-Connected-Apps-in-Sandbox&language=en_US

Note that the problem was, I was not able to create app on production after creating a sandbox even I delete the sandbox.

Website 8Website 8
I'm getting the same issue as Jeff. The above support solution URL no longer works. I can make a connected app in a Sandbox but I want to have one in my production instance.

Can anyone please help?
Laura Sponaas 17Laura Sponaas 17
I ran into the same issue as well and was trying to name the Connected App the same as it is named in Production.  You must name it something different/unique than production per this knowledge article I found:  https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewSolution?id=000194090&language=en_US
Rajat Bansal 1Rajat Bansal 1
It is happening Because of below known issue at Salesforce End:- 

https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p30000000SzR4AAK

Also as per Salesforce Support:- 

The Connected app is hidden and therefore you would be able to use the app with the same client id and secret key

===========================================================
The issue occurs because the SFDC refresh is only partially clearing tables that store connected app names and a history of connected apps.

Aditya N 14Aditya N 14
If Duplication of App name is not Possible, Then what is the use of Link Name which is disabled field.