function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
AneeshaAneesha 

Change set deployment status stuck in 'In Progress' for over 11 hours

Hi,

I was validating a change set which contains 71 components(custom fields,objects,recordtype ). In the middle of validation my session timed out and I was logged out of salesforce. I loged in again and after 20 mins the change set screen refreshed and now even after 11 hours the status is 'In Progress'. We have a lot of deployment to do this weekend. Can anyone help me wih any suggestions as to what needs to be done?

Will this lock my Organization from any further changes? I am planning to manually create the components. Can that be done or will I get 'Organization locked from further changes' error?

Best Answer chosen by Aneesha
champvimalchampvimal

Hi Aneesha,

It sometimes happens that the salesforce server on which change set neds to be validated/deployed is slow and change set implementation does get freezed. Happened with me too. Fastest solution is to contact Salesforce support (and if you are lucky enough to have Unlimited edition, call Premier Support, they resolve such issues quickly) and get it resolved by letting them know the source and target insatnces of salesforce for Change Set deployment.

Thanks,

Vimal

All Answers

Avidev9Avidev9
Well probably the best option to know the same would be by just creating a Component ? I dont think that would take much time!

Will suggest a raise case with SFDC support to diagnose the issue related to changeset stuck at inProgress status.
champvimalchampvimal

Hi Aneesha,

It sometimes happens that the salesforce server on which change set neds to be validated/deployed is slow and change set implementation does get freezed. Happened with me too. Fastest solution is to contact Salesforce support (and if you are lucky enough to have Unlimited edition, call Premier Support, they resolve such issues quickly) and get it resolved by letting them know the source and target insatnces of salesforce for Change Set deployment.

Thanks,

Vimal

This was selected as the best answer