function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaddersMadders 

CTI Toolkit - Client Key

Sorry if this question has already been asked, but I couldn't find it elsewhere. I written a custom CTI adapter that is to be sold onto customers. The documentation states the following on page 23:

salesforce_cti_developer_guide.pdf 

If you are creating a CTI adapter directly from a salesforce.com CTI Toolkit, request a client key from Salesforce Support and use it to update the following constant in CTIAppExchange.h:

#define CTI_CLIENT_KEY L"<your_client_key_value_here>"

I contacted support towards the end of July and they didn't seem to know what I was talking about, but opened a case and said it would be sorted for me. After it being passed between departments, support are now ignoring my emails.

My question is basically, does anyone know the correct procedure for requesting the required client key? I've started to get a lot of pressure from my customer, as they've been able to trial it, but not roll it out.

Rgds,

Martin.

pierreeymard@saaspointpierreeymard@saaspoint

Hello Martin, 

I would suggest you either call the support line and ask to speak with a Tier 2 or 3 representative, or call your sales representative.

Regards,

Pierre

MaddersMadders

Thanks for the suggestion, but it seems nothing is as easy as that. After 6 weeks of trying to get a cti client key, and 2 tickets due to the first being closed, we have been told that we can only have a client key if we are an AppExchange listed partner. The documentation doesn't mention this nor has support when contacted until now. Hopefully our partner approval won't take long, and I can get this sorted, as our client is starting to think about going elsewhere :smileysad:

I guess the majority of people on here already know this, but should you be in a similar position and come across this post do your self a favour and get signed up as a partner first off (link below to sign up):

http://sites.force.com/partners/PP2PartnerRequestPage?p=P_Registration

KevinG514KevinG514

I wonder if that is old documentation.  We have it as a const, not a #define in CTIConstants.cpp.  our value is 

const std::wstring CCTIConstants::CTI_CLIENT_KEY = CTI_CLIENT_NAME + L"/" + CTI_APPLICATION_MINOR_VERSION;

and our CTI is on the AppExchange without any issue.