function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
kevincarkevincar 

collecting cases for a particular contact.

Hi all,

I'm trying to get all cases via the contact ID, and I keep getting kicked out.

I thought tht I just had to collect the cases via the following query:

strAcctIDsql =  "SELECT ID FROM _case WHERE contactId = '" + tmpParentID.getValue() + "' ";

Where "tmpParentID" is the Contact record ID;  But this bails via an SQL exception - anyone know what I'm missing?

Thanx in adv.;

KC

Message Edited by kevincar on 05-19-2004 03:06 PM

zakzak
Shouldn't that be Case and not _case , i.e.

strAcctIDsql = "SELECT ID FROM Case WHERE contactId = '" + tmpParentID.getValue() + "' ";
kevincarkevincar

Hi Zak,

> Shouldn't that be Case and not _case , i.e.

> strAcctIDsql = "SELECT ID FROM Case WHERE contactId = '" + tmpParentID.getValue() + "' ";

Nope-

In the java SDK the case object is named "_case" because "Case" is a reserved word.

Thanks Anyway, but I'm still working on the problem-

KC

zakzak
but that's just the local name for the case object, regardless of how your client code maps between the WSDL and the programming language the object is still called "Case" on the serverside, there's no _case returned by the globaldescribe call.

Cheers
Simon
kevincarkevincar

Hi again zak,

>but that's just the local name for the case object, regardless of how your client code maps between the >WSDL and the programming language the object is still called "Case" on the serverside, there's no >_case returned by the globaldescribe call.

Whoops!
My apologies- you were exactly right.  I did what you suggested and all works fine now.  Thanks again!

KC