function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Curtis ParisCurtis Paris 

Exception on SForce side when deleting event

I'm getting an exception when I try to delete an event on the Sforce side. 

DELETE SOAP ERROR: UNKNOWN_EXCEPTION, java.sql.SQLException: ORA-20008:
ORA-06512: at "BUILD134R4A.CACCESS", line 302
ORA-06512: at "BUILD134R4A.CACCESS", line 592
ORA-06512: at "BUILD134R4A.CACCESS", line 691
ORA-06512: at "BUILD134R4A.CEVENT", line 604
ORA-06512: at line 1

The current logic in our application (which does Synchronization) is that when there is an error, to not commit the record on our side (in this case, a delete) and rollback the transaction.  This way we can try to stay "in sync" with the SalesForce server. 

Is this an exception that I should be expecting normally?  Or is there a differnet error that will be returned in the future?

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi Curtis,

This is a known bug that we are expecting to have patched this week.  In all cases, any "handled" exception from sforce should return an enum exception value.  If at any time you encounter this kind of response you should (as you have) report it to the forum.  I will post to this thread when the patch is released.

Cheers.

mickmacmickmac
FYI, I received this error today when deleting events also.
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi mickmac,

We are working on a patch for this to be released with the Summer '04 salesforce.com release.  This error occurs when deleting an event (activity) that has been previously deleted.  Please try to handle the error that is raised.  The patch will cause this case to return an known exception in the delete response result that is returned with the rest of the delete response results.

Cheers