function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
MaverickDevMaverickDev 

Custom fields doesn't reflect into respective section after installation of package

Hi,

My question would be very common, but just needed confirmation on the same.

I've SF developer account, in which I've modified contact/lead detail layout and search layout and added few custom fields (dropdown, buttons etc) in it. Also, I have a VF page which I've included in Contact page layout!

So, the issue I'm facing is when I install package into my sandbox, I have to manually add custom fields / VF page in Contact / Lead section. It does not get added by default when I install package!

How can I add those custom fields by default into respective section (contacts / leads), so user can see when he visit respective section instead of adding them manually?

Any suggestion would be highly appreciated!!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Page Layouts won't be updated on install. Additionally, managed packages that are upgraded won't update page layouts, even if those layouts are a part of the managed package (we've had to submit a case to find that out). Best you could probably offer is a post-install script (think, "Metadata Toolkit") to update the page layouts.

MaverickDevMaverickDev

Where can I find more information about the same? I'm totally unaware of it, need your advise on the same!

Thanks a lot!

sfdcfoxsfdcfox

Check out Setup > Develop > Tools > Metadata Toolkit. Has documentation and download links there.