function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
apex_keenapex_keen 

changing Tab Names

Might be missing something...I'm not able to change the tab name of one of my custom object.. I tried deleting and recreating new tab for that object. but on doing so, it is automatically taking the old tab name and not letting me select new tab Name anywhere. Let me know from where I can do so.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
Kunal01Kunal01

Hi apex,

You can change the name of tab at any point of time.

Go to  Setup-->Customise-->Tab Names and Labels      click --> Rename Tabs and Labels you will get all the objects of your instance. Go to the object whoes name you want to change . click EDIT and change the Plural name and give the name what you want to display on the tab.

There is another way you can do it... Go to Setup-->Creat-->Objects  You will get the list of custom object click EDIT beside the object whoes tab name you want to change. Now change the Plural name and give whatever you want.

Thanks,

KR

All Answers

Kunal01Kunal01

Hi apex,

You can change the name of tab at any point of time.

Go to  Setup-->Customise-->Tab Names and Labels      click --> Rename Tabs and Labels you will get all the objects of your instance. Go to the object whoes name you want to change . click EDIT and change the Plural name and give the name what you want to display on the tab.

There is another way you can do it... Go to Setup-->Creat-->Objects  You will get the list of custom object click EDIT beside the object whoes tab name you want to change. Now change the Plural name and give whatever you want.

Thanks,

KR

This was selected as the best answer
apex_keenapex_keen

Thanks Kunal for pointing in right direction. However, it looks very strange for me to create/edit tabs from one place and changing their labels from other place. Any way thanks !!

Kunal01Kunal01

Welcome Apex,

Basically the name whatever you give in the Prular will apear as the tab name. Anways pupose is served.

Thanks,

KR

bensonj1107bensonj1107

Has anyone came across a way of changing the name of the "People or Group" tabs?  These are standard tabs but I couldn't find a way of changing it.  We're building a community platform and the client would rather see the name "Communities" instead of "Groups".

Thanks

JB.

Yulia cohenYulia cohen
I have the same question.