function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Bhawani SharmaBhawani Sharma 

Urgent: RunALLTest on production

Hi,

I am deploying a newly created email template from sandbox to production. I don't want RunAll test to be executed as org is very big and running all tests will lock the org.

So can anybody please confirm me if RunAll test will be kicked on, if I am only deploying 1 email template.

ngabraningabrani

Bhawani,

Any time you deploy a changeset from sandbox to product, all test cases will be executed. It does not matter if the changeset has one file or hundred files. There is no way to prevent this.

Naveen

Hi Naveen,

Thanks for your reply. Actually my question in not about the files counter, it is about type of file. 

Here I mentioned that I am deploying a fresh email template and as we all know email template can never affect RunAll test.

So deployment of such components, will start the "RunAll Test" funtionality or not ? That's what I wanted to know.

Hi Naveen,

One more thing, I forgot to mention that I am using ant for deployment.

EIE50EIE50

Just a thought, Can't you just create a new email template directly in production by copy pasting the template from sandbox?

I can do that, but I don't want to go with this while  I  have setup the deployment envirinment.

Copying and pasting only for one template sounds fine. but let say if I have 50 new teemplate then Copy, Paste will be much time consuming and I don't think so if manual work is good practice.