function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
jas12345jas12345 

WSDL for Salesforce CRM Editions

We have an application that only interacts with the Salesforce CRM standard objects (Account, Campaign, Case, Contact, Lead, Task). We do not care about any custom objects/fields. Would we be able to use the enterprise wsdl, generated from our developer account, and have our applications work for all organizations that use Salesforce CRM Editions?

RichAintRichRichAintRich

Since you are only interested in Standard Salesforce objects, have you looked into using the PARTNER WSDL as opposed to the ENTERPRISE WSDL?

jas12345jas12345

Yes I have looked at it and don't mind using it if needed. Using the enterprise wsdl makes for easier and cleaner coding (in my opinion) due to it being strongly typed. So I was just curious if that approach would work for multiple organizations using Salesforce CRM Editions.

SuperfellSuperfell

Even though you're only using standard fields, you're still going to have to deal with the fact that the admin may have hidden objects and/or fields you're interested in (via FLS/Profiles), so you'll need to take that into account.

coolKarnicoolKarni

Its better to use Partner WSDL instead of Enetrprise as we can get salesforce standard methods easily using partner WSDL , where as this wil get complex while using enterprise WSDL