function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Sugarfix72Sugarfix72 

Create new view - Filter question

Hi All,

I'm wondering whether this is possible at all.

We have a requirement to filter a view to show the accounts owned by a depot.  We have a custom field in accounts called depot
_number and a similar field in user records.  In the example I'm refering to, I've got circa 200 accounts with the depot number 51 and 4 users (all together in a public group) with the depot number of 51.  All the accounts are owned by one of the 4 users.

What I want to do is create a view with a dynamic filter to say something like "Where Account Depot Number = User Depot Number"

I may be trying to do something which is completely impossible, but being able to do something like that would mean that I only need to create 1 view instead of about 150!

Any pointers from anyone would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Darren.

ahab1372ahab1372

the filter in list views to not allow dynamic criteria. I think even with reports that is going to difficult.

Maybe a VF page with a custom controller which figures out the User Depot Number and then redirects to the Report URL with an appended

?pv=theUserDepotNumberHere

The first filter on the report would have to be Account Depot Number  equals and then empty criteria field

Why not a summary report grouped by the Depot Number and the users select their number, click on drill down and then on Show details?