function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
Danny5Danny5 

Concurrent Logins from different clients

From the API documentation:

"Multiple client applications can log in using the same username argument. However, this increases your risk of getting errors due to query limits.A user can have up to 10 query cursors open at a time. If 10 QueryLocator

cursors are open when a client application, logged in as the same user, attempts to open a new one, then the oldest of the 10 cursors is released. This results in an error in the client application."

I have a PC based application that posts reports into SalesForce using Enterprise API.  All the client applications login to SalesForce using the same username.  The nature of the application is that the reports are posted on a schedule, meaning all clients will login to SalesForce at the same time.

So from the snippet above from the API documentation (and reading some other posts) I have some questions that I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction on.

1. If more than 10 clients login at the same time, I am going to run into issues.  Is that a correct statement?

2. It appears that login allows more than one concurrent logon for the same username, since those login requests are coming from different places, I would expect that the session ids returned would be different across clients, therefore calling logout() on one client would have no effect on any other client.  Is that a correct assumption?

Thanks

ahab1372ahab1372

Danny5 wrote:

[...]

1. If more than 10 clients login at the same time, I am going to run into issues.  Is that a correct statement?

2. It appears that login allows more than one concurrent logon for the same username, since those login requests are coming from different places, I would expect that the session ids returned would be different across clients, therefore calling logout() on one client would have no effect on any other client.  Is that a correct assumption?

1. You are only going to run into problems if you are issuing more than 10 queries at the same time. Are you?

Since queries typically do not run for very long, they would have to run at almost exactly the same time, depending on how long the queries run. Most PC clocks are not that accurate so you might be lucky here.

2. In my experience that is not a problem. Even two different browsers on the same PC can log in and out independently with the same user