function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
disturbed118disturbed118 

How to find out what salesforce edition you have?

anyone know how to find out what edition of salesforce an org has i.e. unlimited, enterprise, professional etc..

THustonTHuston

Go get the Enterprise WSDL and it will tell you at the top:

<!--
Salesforce.com Enterprise Web Services API Version 18.0
Generated on 2010-04-29 14:48:19 +0000.

Copyright 1999-2010 salesforce.com, inc.
All Rights Reserved
-->

Login-setup-develop-API-generate wsdl

RyanGuestRyanGuest

Look at the title of your web browser.

Should say something like: 

salesforce.com - Enterprise Edition

or

salesforce.com - Developer Edition

salesforcersalesforcer

I need to ask this question again:

Re: How to find out what salesforce edition you have?

the reason is that the new versions of Browsers do not have Title Bars anymore.   The other gentleman's suggestion in generating cryptic code to determine the version is not practical and user friendly for clients.

What is the best way to determine which Salesforce Edition a client has "over the phone"?   The method has to be easy enough to guide a customer to perform the steps.

Anyone's help is very appreciated.

CRM indiaCRM india

If you hover over your opened TAB, it will display you which edition you are using.

Here-n-nowHere-n-now

Thanks to THuston - I also used it to confirm a sandbox has been upgraded to the new release preview, because we have a custom logo so can't see the release logo.

rajjjjrajjjj

I am not able to see which edition using Enterprise WSDL.

Salesforce.com Enterprise Web Services API Version 24.0
Generated on 2012-04-29 05:54:50 +0000.

Copyright 1999-2012 salesforce.com, inc.
All Rights Reserved

where is it exactly located???

Santosh SSantosh S

Please check the topmost part of your monitor/ screen (in the Web Browser)

and specifically the Tab on which the Salesforce 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

_Tab 1 of Browser _ _ _ | ____ Tab 2 of Browser ___ |  Salesforce.com - Professional Edition  | _ _ _ Next Tab_ _ _|

___________________ |______________________|________________________________ |_______________

https://ap1.salesforce.com/home/home.jsp                                                                                                                                    |

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Salesforce Logo

QuinnCQuinnC

For dunces like me:

Browser Tab: When they say look at the tab, you have to hover over the tab (at least in Chrome) as the tab is too short to show you the complete title. Alternatively, figure out how to view the source of the page after logging into salesforce (view page source) and you will see something like this in the html <title>Company Information:(your org name) ~ salesforce.com - Enterprise Edition</title> 

API: You don't need to generate anything, just look at the top one of the list. It will be the one for the edition of your Salesforce instance for that organization. So it will say Enterprise WSDL if that is your edition (I don't have access to an unlimited one, and too lazy to login to my developer one,  to test this out, but it makes sense).

ektisa@hotmail.comektisa@hotmail.com

Thanks for your answer.  I thought it should be something simple, but I couldn't find it in all the normal places.

Rafa_SRafa_S
As of Spring 14 you can go to Setup-Administration Setup. The title shows the version.

or, just add this as a suffix to the salesforce url after logging in:     ui/setup/Setup?setupid=AdminSetup 
utkarsh srivastavautkarsh srivastava
Hi,

Please click on the SETUP tab on the top right corner of the home page ----> Then click on the link "Administer" which appears on the first left section of the page ------> And there you go , you can see the edition as the heading of the page which opens after clicking the "Administer" on the right section of the page.

I hope this might be the convenient way for you to guide to the end users.
nksfnksf
The easiest way is just login in Salesforce and just hover over your Salesforce Tab it will show your Salesforce Edition.
Janhavi PawarJanhavi Pawar
You can even go to Setup - Administer - on the top of this page you will see
Administer
Enterprise Edition
Monalisa Das 22Monalisa Das 22
1.Go to Setup
2. Type in company 
3. Chose company information
There look for Organization Edition value
Steven Ellis 18Steven Ellis 18
I have an org that I am certain I created as a Developer org, but it says Enterprise Edition.  Any insight from anyone?  Additionally, it does not appear to have any Knowledge licenses, which Developer orgs should have.
sunny522sunny522
HI disturbed118,
  To Check salesforce edition
Login to Salesforce Instance --> Go to Home Tab --> If you hover on Browser tab,it will display which Edition you are using 
Salesforce - Developer Edition means we are using Develope Edition.
To check Salesforce release
Login to Salesforce Instance --> Go to Home Tab --> If you look at top right side of window, you can see "Spring'17 for Developers label ,which means we are using/in Spring'17 release.

Tristan Rhodes 6Tristan Rhodes 6
NOTE: Hovering over Tab only works in Classic, not in Lightning.
Sudhir.kSudhir.k
Goto Setup -> Company Information-> Organization Edition
subramani Ramamurthysubramani Ramamurthy
Query Organization  object u will Find the details :Select OrganizationType from Organization 
John VargoJohn Vargo
Setup > Settings > Company Settings > Company Information

Look for "Organization Edition"
Tien Le 488Tien Le 488
found the edition with Classic mode
zead28zead28
Setup>Administration Setup
Click on it. The edition will be there on page top