function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
justin_sjustin_s 

Assign using active assignment rule. without using AssignmentRuleHeader in client application

Hi All,

Is there away to use the assignment rule Id, when creating Case through the API interface?

I know it is possible to set the AssignmentRuleHeader value in Client application. But I am not using client application to Create Case in salesforce.com. I am using the Salesforce.com integration appliance to access salesforce.com and create Case. 

The problem is that it is not possible to set the AssignmentRuleHeader value in the integration appliance.

It is also Not possible to set the OwnerId on the Case using the AssignmentRuleId.

Maybe someone out there has the same experience and found the solution.

Thanks.

Best Answer chosen by Admin (Salesforce Developers) 
DevAngelDevAngel

Hi justin_s,

You should request the integration appliance vendor add support for that header.  If you could set that some other way, then we wouldn't have the header, so it's not possible to do it without the header.

Out of curiostiy, who is the vendor for the integration appliance?

All Answers

DevAngelDevAngel

Hi justin_s,

You should request the integration appliance vendor add support for that header.  If you could set that some other way, then we wouldn't have the header, so it's not possible to do it without the header.

Out of curiostiy, who is the vendor for the integration appliance?

This was selected as the best answer
justin_sjustin_s

Hi DevAngel,

Thanks for your reply.

I've figure out where the AssignmentRuleHeader is and how to set AssignmentRuleId in the integration appliance.

The integration Appliance vendor is CastIron.

justin_s