function readOnly(count){ }
Starting November 20, the site will be set to read-only. On December 4, 2023,
forum discussions will move to the Trailblazer Community.
+ Start a Discussion
WesNolte__cWesNolte__c 

Announcing the Salesforce Handbook

Salesforce has some great articles at developer.force.com and the Force.com community has chipped in with some excellent content but there is still something missing.  There’s a beginning book for Salesforce users (Salesforce.com for Dummies) and an advanced Force.com development book (Development with the Force.com Platform) but there is no comprehensive guide for analysts and developers just coming on to the platform. This is the niche that Wes and I want to fill with our new book:

The Salesforce Handbook
A newcomer’s guide to building applications on Salesforce.com and the Force.com Platform

We are targeting this book for business owners, analysts and developers  just getting started. Just think of all the new Vmforce Java developers that will be investigating the Force.com platform in the coming months! So if your boss walks into your office and says, “Let’s look at this Salesforce.com thing and see if we can build something”. We want this to be a reference that you can pick up and essentially find out everything you need to know about Salesforce from a high level with links to other articles, sample code, blogs, Salesforce docs, etc. that interest you.

kwukwu

Nice. This will be helpful.

EIE50EIE50

Hi,

Is this book already published? I am really looking for this kind of book, a reference manual / handbook. That too more of development (code) basics would be amazingly cool as i am really struggling with the code.

Thanks.

WesNolte__cWesNolte__c

Hey

Not just yet, but it will be out in the next 2 or 3 months. You can follow our activity at http://salesforcehandbook.wordpress.com.

Wes

Mysti, Developer DocumentationMysti, Developer Documentation

While you're waiting, don't forget about the Cookbook, which has full code samples and discussion of tasks such as writing searches and queries, managing workflow and approvals, creating a public website, and many other tasks:

http://www.salesforce.com/us/developer/docs/cookbook/index.htm